Hello Folks !!!
Yet another holiday recipe from Crackleandtemper ….
Today I am bringing you all a delicious biscottti studded with dried cranberries and almonds . Yes you heard it right , to bring on the holiday cheer I am bringing you all a cranberry almond biscotti. When I was making this biscotti I was very apprehensive about using dried cranberry , because I have never used dried cranberry in baking this was my first time using it . The original recipe called for pistachio I just changed from pistachio to almonds, you can feel free to add pistachios instead.
This is a very easy biscotti recipe which you can put together in no time especially when Christmas is almost here and you need some last minute gifts to give away this is the best recipe you can make. I really did enjoy making this biscotti and I served it for a lunch party which I had last week , all my guests enjoyed it. Also another thing about this recipe is I loved shooting these pictures, really really enjoyed it especially my new place mat love it so much .
Now let’s see how to make this recipe
Prep Time – 15 minutes
Baking Time – 25 minutes plus 10 minutes , it can increase/decrease according to your oven temperature
Makes- 24 biscottis
Author- Parvathy V Nair
White Sugar- 135 grams
Vanilla essence- 1 teaspoon
Baking powder- 1 teaspoon
Salt- 1/4 teaspoon
All purpose flour- 240 gms
Chopped almonds – 1/2 cup
Dried Cranberries – 1/2 cup
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F . Line a baking tray with parchment paper and keep it aside.
2. Using your hand beater or stand alone mixer beat sugar & eggs till they are nice , thick & fluffy. Make sure the eggs are in room temperature , if you still haven’t done it run it under hot water for 2 or 3 minutes.
3. Add vanilla essence to this egg & sugar mixture, slightly mix it .
4. Now add flour , baking powder and salt it mix well.
5. Add chopped almonds and cranberries mix well.
6. Now transfer this dough to a counter and roll it into a log form with almost 9 cm width . To be precise it should have the width of a store bought biscotti 😉
7. Transfer this log into the lined baking tray and bake for 25 minutes or till the upper side of the log turns bit thick . The original recipe asked to bake for 25 minutes , but I baked for 30 minutes in my oven .
8. Remove this from the oven and let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Do not turn off the oven at this point because you need to bake the biscottis again after cutting, we don’t want to wait till our oven heats up 😉
9. When this has cooled down cut into 1/2 inch thick slices place on the tray and bake again for another 8 or 10 minutes . Wait it to cool and enjoy your biscottis