Hello Folks !!!
Yet another holiday recipe is here .
A very traditional & Christmasy pepper mint bark . This is such an easy recipe to make with just 3 ingredients in that , yes you heard it right just 3 ingredients nothing more than that. You can make this delicious barks in no time and it will be an excellent addition to your home made Christmas gifts . I made this last week and served it for a party over the weekend and everyone loved it. I made this recipe from joy of baking , the treasure of baking recipes where you never fail , will attach a link below .
But even though you are only using few ingredients , you need to keep few things in mind especially dealing with white chocolate . Handling white chocolate is bit tricky , if you don’t follow the tips which I am going to give you below you will end up having a powdery mess ..
Some tips & Tricks to follow
1. Never melt this directly on the stove top . It will powder up super fast.
2. You can use two methods to melt white chocolate either double boiler or microwave.
3. Double boiler method . Heat a sauce pan of water , while it boils place chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place it in the sauce pan , stir it till the chocolate melts.
4. Microwave method . Place white chocolate in microwave safe bowl heat it for 20 seconds then stir again place in microwave for 20 continue this till you get a smooth creamy texture.
5. Make sure the chocolate is chopped up or you can use good belgian white chocolate
6. I have used crushed candy cane here , which I bought as crushed from store . You can buy your choice of candy cane from store , put it in a ziplock and crush using rolling pin .
Now let’s see how to make this
Prep Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
Serves- 7 to 8
Author- Parvathy V Nair
Semi sweet / Bitter sweet chocolate – 200 grams chopped coarsely or in chip shape
White chocolate – 200 grams chopped coarsely or in chip shape
Canola oil / Coconut Oil – 2 tablespoons
Crushed candy cane – 1/2 cup or as needed to spread
1. You need a 8 inch ( 20 cm ) pan for it . Square pan is better to get good shape , if you don’t have you can use a round pan also , even an aluminium foil pan will work . Line this pan with aluminium foil.
2. First let us melt the chocolate . Place this in a bowl with one tablespoon oil either on top of a double boiler orin a microwave . Melt it till smooth , pour it in the pan and leave it in the fridge for 20 minutes it would harden by this time.
3. When the dark chocolate have hardened , we will make the crushed candy cane and melted white chocolate
4. To make the crushed cane take 3 or 4 candy canes place it in a ziplock and crush it using a rolling pin.
5. Now let’s melt the white chocolate with one tablespoon oil , following the same method as above and also follow the tips which is given above
6. Pour this melted white chocolate over the hardened dark chocolate , sprinkle with crushed candy canes and keep it back in fridge and let it harden .
7. After that cut into pieces and enjoy.