Hello Folks !!!
I am back to blogging after a week break , it was a stressful week due to some personal issues and I really needed some time to catch up before I go into full on baking mode 😉 😉 . The blogging mode starts with a delicious meatless monday recipe , what else could go better. For this weeks meatless monday recipe I am bringing spicy sweet potato hummus loaded with proteins and you can serve this hummus as a dip for your holiday parties .
I am a great fan of various types of hummus , I have made spinach hummus , roasted red pepper hummus , hummus with chipotle peppers but never tried with a starchy vegetable with it . I read about this in a website called cookieand kate and I wanted to make this for a while , then the meatless monday comes so why not . I am bringing you all a spicy sweet potato hummus made with sweet potato & chickpeas and flavored with red chilli powder & cumin powder . It is a very easy recipe with few ingredients put together and you can serve this for your christmas parties as a dip, I promise everyone is going to love this ;), Serve this with nachos , bagel crisps or any veggies. This is an excellent vegan option and gluten free for people with any allergies.
Now let’s see how to make this easy hummus
Prep Time – 6 hours soaking time for chickpeas if you are using dried plus 20 mins roasting time for sweet potato
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Author – Parvathy V Nair
Sweet potato- 1 medium
Chickpeas cooked – 1 cup
Olive oil- 2 tablespoons
Tahini- 2 tablespoons
Garlic- 2 cloves peeled
Lemon juice – from one lemon
Salt – to taste
Paprika- 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin- 1/2 teaspoon
You can increase the paprika and cumin according to your taste
1. If you are using dried chickpeas , soak it the previous night , now pressure cook it till soft . If you are using canned chickpeas , drain & wash the chickpeas keep it aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 F , bake sweet potatoes till it’s tender. It might take 15 to 20 minutes and it may vary according to your oven.
3. Now in a food processor place all ingredients except the sweet potato and process it till smooth .
4. When the sweet potatoes have cooled add this to the food processor and process till smooth .
5. Check for seasoning add more if required
6. Serve as a dip with veggies or chips