Hello Everyone !!
This time at Crackleandtemper , I am bringing you all a guest blogger . I am doing this for the first time and I am pretty excited about it yaay J . With all the immense pleasure I would like to introduce you all , Remya Ravindran from Forks N Knives. Remya is a very talented blogger with mouthwatering recipes on her blog and she is an amazing food photographer . I have always been a big fan of her recipes which are beautifully crafted with extreme precision and easy to follow . The next highlight of her work is her wonderful pictures which is mouthwatering and I definitely want a piece of it when I see her pictures . She has tons of delicious recipes on her blog , do check them at http://www.forksnknives.com/
Let’s all welcome Remya with her lovely post for Crackleandtemper . Handing over to Remya
Thank you Parvathy for having me over at your space. It’s my pleasure to be here at Crackle & Temper.
It was some time in August, that Parvathy asked me to do a guest post and I was clear to bake something for her. Being a baking enthusiast(most of the time)I can only think of butter, sugar, flour…and a never ending list of anything and everything remotely connected to baking. I hope all lovely readers of Crackle & Temper will like this easy peasy cookie recipe.
As it’s Fall now, and Halloween next week, I decided to bake a super easy Egg less Pumpkin Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookies which you can bake in under 30 minutes and guess what? The cookie dough is always freezable, which means bake them as per your convenience.
This recipe is fail proof. I have made it umpteen number of times and every single time it’s delicious. I have baked cookies with egg and without eggs also. If you get all other proportions correct, you cannot goof up an eggless cookie
Let’s get baking!!
All purpose flour- 1.5cups
Brown Sugar- 1 cup
Unsalted Butter(Room Temperature)- 1 stick(8 tbsp)
Baking Soda- 1 tsp
Baking Powder-1 tsp
Salt- A pinch
Pumpkin Spice Powder- 1.5 tsp
Milk- 1/4th cup
Vanilla Extract- 1 tsp
Semi- Sweet Chocolate Chips- 1 cup
- Preheat oven at 350 F. Cream together Butter and Sugar. Add Milk and Vanilla extract and mix well. Add the sifted flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin spice powder and mix well.
3 .After around 30 mins, take the dough out and with the help of an ice cream scoop, scoop out evenly shaped cookie dough and place them widely spaced on the parchment paper.
4. Bake for around 11-14 minutes depending upon your oven temperature. As the cookie cools it will continue to cook further. Enjoy them with a tall glass of milk.
- Butter should be at room temperature for easy creaming.
- You can add pumpkin puree also, I chose not to so as to not have an over powering pumpkin taste.
- This cookie dough freezes well. You can freeze it in the shape of a log and cut slices and bake right way. No thawing time is needed.
- You can use a mix of white and brown sugar. Brown sugar alone adds a molasses flavor and soft and chewy texture which I personally love a lot.
Some of my favourite recipes from Remya’s Blog
Connect with Remya on