Hello Everyone !!!
Happy Thanksgiving all ( Yes it is thanksgiving weekend for us in Canada ) . It is that time of the year again to say thanks to what we had the entire year and thanks to our family who have supported us throughout our hard times and be with us always , thanks to our friends who have been with us during both good and bad times. Fall is here yaayy, my favorite season of the year . I love fall because of the colours , the harvest and the mouthwatering aroma of baking . I start my yearly baking during fall and it continues throughout winter . I find baking so relaxing and some thing I love to do in my kitchen other than cooking 😉 . This time for our blog hop with culinary hoppers our theme is bakes . I was very excited about it because I love to bake , even though I am not an expert in baking. Since it is the time of thanksgiving and fall double bonanza , I was like why not a pumpkin bread.
I have made a spice infused pumpkin bread which is very similar to the pumpkin bread you get in starbucks, but without any extra additives in it . I have adopted recipe from this website Copykat Recipes by Stephanie Manley with a lot of tweaks here and there. I had to make an egg less version of this bread because our blog hop can only have egg less recipes . I have also used sunflower seeds as the garnish because I did run out of pumpkin seeds at home 😉 . I have also changed the spices according to my palate because I don’t like cloves in my pumpkin bread 😉 .
Let’s read more about how to make this delicious bread without any preservatives in it . I assure you this is a very easy recipe to make and your little ones would love it , also way cheaper than buying an entire loaf from Starbucks .
Yield- one loaf
Serves- 3 to 4
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Baking time – 45 to 50 minutes
Author- Parvathy V Nair
All purpose flour or maida- 1 1/2 cups
Sugar- 3/4 cup (I like breads to be less sweet , if you want it more sweeter add one cup)
Salt- 1/4 teaspoon
Baking Soda – 1 teaspoon
Grated nutmeg- 1/4 teaspoon
Cardamom powder- 1/4 teaspoon
Cinnamon powder- 1/2 teaspoon
All spice powder – 1/4 teaspoon (avoid it if you don’t have access to it )
Thick yogurt- 1 cup
Pumpkin puree- 1 cup
Coconut oil – 1/2 cup , you can use melted butter instead
Vanilla essence- 1/2 teaspoon
Sunflower seeds- for garnish (omit it if you don’t have it )
1. Preheat oven to 350 F, Grease a loaf pan and keep it aside
2. In a bowl mix flour , sugar , salt, baking soda and the spices ; keep it aside
3. In another bowl mix yogurt and pumpkin puree very well . To this add oil and vanilla essence . Mix well and keep it aside
4. Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients little by little . Mix till all the dry and wet ingredients have incorporated well. Please make sure not to over mix the batter . The final mixed batter will resemble a thick dough , thicker than cake batter but a flowing one than a dough .
5. Pour this batter in a loaf pan . Sprinkle sunflower seeds on top of it .
6. Keep it in the pre heated oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or till it’s done . You can check whether your bread is done by inserting a toothpick inside , if the toothpick comes out clean then it’s done.
7. Take it out of the oven , cool it completely , cut and enjoy the bread
1. To make pumpkin puree , cut and boil pumpkins till it’s tender . Then using a food processor or a blender puree it to smooth